I'm Dev Mukunda
In my career and life, leadership cannot be different than what General H. Norman Schwarzkopf defines- “… a combination of strategy and character. If you must be without one, be without the strategy.” Sharing my story here
Experienced accounting, auditing and Nepal tax trainer
Served as a resource person in training and workshops on subjects such as audit, accounting and Nepal tax, including to project staffs, tax officers and accounting professionals. Includes trainings organized by professional accounting bodies.
Nepal Tax Advisory
Tax advisory for expats and foreign investors in Nepal
Strong understanding of accounting and tax system of Nepal, providing tax advisory services to local and international clients for preparation of Nepal entry strategy, tendering, expat tax and other corporate tax compliances.
20 years of experience based on expertise, individual integrity, responsibility and honest relationship with clients
2018 – Ongoing (Auditor)
Leading team and managing client relationships, good practical understanding of NZ IFRS and reporting requirements, proficient in using cloud based audit tools. (Employer- not disclosed)
2009 – 14 (Managing Partner, Baker Tilly Nepal)
Responsible for international relationship with clients and Baker Tilly offices; Overall management of the firm including-Business Development, Quality Assurance and engagement Partner of key assignments.
2002 -09 (Manager, Banskota & Co.)
Joined as a graduate trainee as part of CA studies, trained in accounting, auditing and taxation services to clients of various sectors, promoted to manager in 2006.
2023 – Ongoing (Secretary, NABOP, NZ)
Volunteering as Secretary of Nepalese Association of BOP in New Zealand. Role from August 2023 with a vision of developing long term strategic plan for the institution.
2015 – Ongoing (Consultant, Nepal Tax Online)
Strategic advisory to to develop Nepal tax portal and continued expert tax advisory services to national and international clients.
2017 -19 (Treasurer, NZNA, Auckland)
Volunteered as treasurer of New Zealand Nepalese Association based in West Auckland, providing support in treasury functions and other executive committee responsibilities.
Professional and Academic
- Successfully uplifted the quality standard of national accounting firm in Nepal to become member of Baker Tilly International, a top ten global accounting firm.
- Youngest auditor to work as statutory auditor of 20% national level commercial banks of Nepal in between 2009 to 2014.
- Awarded with Thomson Reuters Prize in New Zealand Taxation (AUT University 2017).
University education and professional courses
Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand (CAANZ)
International Pathway Program
Institute of Chartered Accountants of England & Wales
Pathways to Membership Program
AUT University / New Zealand
Post Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting
Chartered Institute of Taxation / UK
Advance Diploma in International Taxation
Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nepal / Nepal
Chartered Accountancy Program
Tribhuvan University / Nepal
Bachelor in Business Studies
- ACA, Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales
- FCA, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nepal
- Lease accounting is covered by IAS 17, but is being replaced by IFRS 16 which is effective for annual reporting period beginning on or after 1 January 2019. This post looks into the key ...READ MORE
- This month we launched our online Nepal Tax portal for subscription. It was a difficult journey, a concept that we started a year back, and still working further on it. This is the first Nepal ...READ MORE
- Over the last several months, I got several opportunities to interact with small and medium tax payers and registered auditors, based in different districts of Nepal. We were working as resource person for a ...READ MORE
- “Last year one of the food retailers got a mismatch notice because someone declared bogus purchase from that retailer in his tax return. To justify its purchase, even bearer cheques were issued and cash ...READ MORE
- These days I often face question, weren’t you doing what mattered to you? What matters to me? A question easy to ask, but difficult to answer. It was back in 2013 when I first pondered ...READ MORE
- Nepal Government has started discussing on how TeliaSonera can be charged to tax in Nepal for its deal with Axiata. Bizmandu reports that the government would proceed with collection of tax once official notification is received ...READ MORE
Faucibus sed tristique fames sed aliquet ultricies eget viverra arcu. Vitae faucibus diam consequat maecenas. Turpis metus sit diam purus leo in varius ac quam nunc amet tristique volutpat adipiscing. Morbi malesuada arcu egestas dolor blandit ultricies in at diam. Maecenas eget nisi vel nisl sollicitudin porta aliquet vel leo. Sed feugiat soda les nulla. In consequat nisl sem, in aliquam libero tempor nec. Maecenas sit amet felis sed justo aliquam vulputate tempor ut orci. Suspendisse interdum velit tortor, a semper ex posuere quis. Morbi velit nulla, lobortis ac ipsum et, accumsan convallis odio. Proin turpis leo, hendrerit a lacus sed, porta placerat diam. Aliquam vitae magna et libero auctor lobortis non ac risus. Vivamus lacus tellus, pharetra ut vulputate sed, auctor sed ex. Nulla volutpat nisi et neque pulvinar luctus cras semper ipsum moronos textures asonius.
Mauris nibh libero, vulputate in mi sed, pharetra pharetra purus. Morbi ultricies nisl diam, acare pharetra purus fermentum congue. Etiam inta suscipit lorem. Nullam molestie urna eget exat malesuada feugiat. Nam aliquet facilisis ipsum, at tincidunt dolor sagittis sit amet lorem.
A full stack allaround designer that tristique est placerat in massa consectetur quisque lobortis vitae faucibus diam